The Faux Iceberg

Iceberg season has begun!

And I'll admit I'm totally jealous of the hordes flocking to the iceberg off Ferryland so had to go find my own!

I arose early from my afternoon slumber to make the long 3 km journey by car.  The strong coffee I made kept me alert and motivated throughout the gruelling 5 minute drive! 
Once at this location I had an excruciating 1000 foot walk to the shoreline.  I barely made it as the trail was uneven and was even snow covered!  I wasn't sure what kind of madness I was getting myself into!

Standing on the shore I spied what I was after.  There it was, the price pig, not far from my position. 
Now I just had to move into good shooting position and wait for good light and be certain not to go over my rubber boots!  Cause you knows what that's like!

Thankfully I was rewarded with beautiful pastel colours to make this piece of ice glow!  All 4 inches of it! ðŸ˜³

Unfortunately this is about as close as we get to finding Icebergs here in the Bay of Islands on Newfoundlands West coast! 

Soon be time for a trip eastward?


Prints are available upon request and can be shipped anywhere!

Contact me via email at 'scott@roninphoto.ca' or call (709) 639-5335.  I'm located in Steady Brook, on the west coast of beautiful Newfoundland, in Canada.

Learn more about RONiN photo, official Fujifilm X-Photographer. -  www.roninphoto.ca

Visit me on facebook at RONiN photo.  Check out my work on instagram and Twitter!

Cheers all!

Comments

Popular Posts